Aaron Z. TobinMember
Aaron Tobin is an accomplished trial lawyer whose practice focuses on complex commercial and bankruptcy representation. Aaron is the head of Anderson Tobin’s litigation and bankruptcy practice groups.
Aaron regularly represents Fortune 500 companies, small and mid-size businesses, executives, officers, directors and entrepreneurs in state and federal courts in Texas and across the country in the areas of breach of contract, lender liability, fiduciary duty, officer and director liability, business fraud, fraudulent transfer, securities, oil and gas, employment, intellectual property and surety litigation. He has successfully tried breach of contract, fiduciary duty, fraud, oil and gas, securities, real estate, conspiracy and other business claims in state and federal court, to include obtaining one of the twenty largest breach of contract verdicts in the State of Texas in 2010 in a business sale dispute, where he later negotiated a partial settlement of the case.
Aaron frequently represents debtors, trustees and creditors in bankruptcy proceedings and workout litigation, to include fraudulent transfer, preference actions, avoidance actions, confirmation, discharge and claims disputes, as well as other adversary disputes and post-judgment litigation.
Aaron is passionate about serving the Bar and the Community in which he lives and works. He volunteers his time to serve on local non-profit boards, mentor young lawyers and to serve in his favorite role as a big brother in the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization. He recently co-chaired the Dallas Bar Association's Equal Access to Justice Campaign, which raised over $908,000 for the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program which supports pro bono efforts.
- Business Trial and Appellate
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Creditors Rights
- Employment Litigation
- Fiduciary Litigation
- Financial Services Litigation
- Oil and Gas Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Surety Litigation
- Named to "Best Lawyers in Dallas" in 2012 by D Magazine.
- Named a Rising Star in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 by Thompson Reuters. This honor is only bestowed on the top 2 ½ % of Texas lawyers eligible for the award.
- Barrister, Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court
- Dallas Bar Association Fellow
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Life Fellow
- Recipient of Presidential Citation for Chairing Dallas Bar Association's Public Forum Committee
- Red River Res., Inc. v. Wickford, Inc., 443 B.R. 74 (E.D. Tex. 2010).
- Fitch v. Fitch, 349 B.R. 133 (N. D. Tex. 2006).
- Old Republic Surety Company v. Bonham State Bank, 172 S.W.3d 210 (Tex. App.—Texarkana 2005, no pet.).
- In re: Tri-City Health Centre, Inc., 71 Fed. Appx. 441, 2003 WL 21418108 (5th Cir. 2003).
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT:
- Dallas Bar Association, Board of Directors (2012-present)
- Co-Chair, Equal Access to Justice Campaign (2013)
- Chair, Finance Committee, Dallas Bar Association (2014)
- Chair, Public Forum Committee, Dallas Bar Association (2012)
- Chair, Media Relations Committee, Dallas Bar Association (2011)
- Vice-Chair, Finance Committee, Dallas Bar Association (2013)
- Vice-Chair, Professionalism Finance Committee, Dallas Bar Association (2013-2014)
- Vice-Chair, Bench Bar Committee, Dallas Bar Association (2013)
- Member, Committee for a Qualified Judiciary
- Board of Trustees, DAYL Foundation (2010 – 2013)
- Board of Directors, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (2009)
- Member, Judiciary and Mock Trial Committees, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Trial Skills, Business Litigation and Bankruptcy sections, Dallas Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Leadership Class (2011 – present)
- Co-Chair, Affair of the Art, Junior Associates, Dallas Museum of Art
- Junior Associates, Dallas Museum of Art Steering Committee (2010 – present)
- Volunteer, Big Brothers, Big Sisters of North Texas
- Juris Doctor, Southern Methodist University School of Law (2000)
- University College, Oxford England, Summer 1998
- University of Kentucky, B.B.A. (1996), cum laude, departmental honors; Member, Beta Gamma Sigma and the Golden Key National Honor Societies
- State Bar of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas and the Northern District of Illinois.